Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Chocolate Bar

I went out with a group of friends last night to the Chocolate Bar.  I've actually been to this restaurant before a couple of years ago.  Last time we had the Chocolate Bar Baguette (A Chocolate Bar original. toasted baguette, smooth dark chocolate and coarse sea salt.  Served with an olive oil and chocolate dipping sauce.)  which was good, and the Chocolate Bar Pasta (fresh pasta tossed with white chocolate cream, fresh basil, white pepper and white wine. Served with a southwestern corn and pepper medley.), which I thought was strange even for my tastes.  It was sweetened pasta, that made me feel like someone melted a white chocolate bar into alfredo sauce.

This was my drink, a Frosted Cinnamon Bun milkshake.  It was large enough for my husband to share it with me.  This was tasty.  It was sweet and creamy and very much like its namesake. We had to ask a server for a straw.  The white thing in the photo is a white chocolate stick garnish.  Pretty, but I wasn't about to try drinking directly from a glass brimming with whipped cream.
Our table shared a couple of appetizers.  This is the Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella (Slices of tomato, homemade mozzarella, basil, drizzled with balsamic reduction and a sprinkle of sea salt).   I'm not really into tomatoes, but the cheese was nice enough. The balsamic drizzle wasn't too strongly vinegar tasting.

This is their Cheese Tray appetizer.  At the time of this writing, it was not on the PDF of the restaurant's menu.   There were butter and wheat crackers, a blue cheese, a slice of cheddar cheese, and a generous slice of brie.  Additionally, there were apple slices topped with a fig spread, candied walnuts, chocolate chips, and fresh strawberries.  I think this appetizer could use additional crackers and a second knife.

My husband had the Mexican Pork Tenderloin (Rubbed in a spicy cocoa seasoning and served with a bourbon ancho sauce, mango salsa and roasted potatoes. finished with a smoked sea salt).  I had a little bit and it was slightly spicy.

I had the Ski Country sandwich (honey baked ham layered with cheddar cheese, sliced apples, dijon mayo and a home-made apple cream cheese on panini.).   I liked this.  The apples provided a nice complement to the ham and the cheddar cheese.

We both had to take home half of our meals because the portions were fairly generous.  I'm calling this a total of four meals.  The sandwich reheated nicely for breakfast too.

No comments:

Post a Comment