Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bricco

Tonight my husband and I went for dinner and a show.  Bricco was located directly across from our theater.   It specializes in pizza and pastas.   Everything we ordered tonight seemed to have a spicy kick to it.  Even the butter served with the bread was orange tinted and mildly spicy!  The weather was quite warm today, and we wouldn't have access to our fridge for leftovers.  Splitting an entree and an appetizer was just the right amount of food for the two of us.

This was our appetizer, Parmesan crusted calamari tossed with chorizo, banana peppers, roasted red peppers, and creamy Parmesan dressing.   I enjoyed this, even though spicy food is not my usual pick.  It had a good mix of the squid rings and tentacle pieces.  Yummy!

Bricco's kitchen was kind enough divide our entree into two separate servings when we mentioned we were splitting it.  This is the shrimp and Andouille sausage ravioli with corn, Anaheim peppers, scallions, roasted potatoes, and Cajun cream sauce.   I was expecting the sauce to be more zesty.  However, it was really creamy and balanced out the spice of the ravioli and the peppers.

The next time I visit, I hope to have time to look over the dessert menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment