Sunday, July 10, 2016

Billy Elliot the Musical

Just got back from Billy Elliot at the Beck Center.   Wonderful show, amazing talent.  The young man playing the title character shows such phenomenal dance skills.   A ton of poise!

This musical is based a true story about a kid with talent for ballet, but whose family is embroiled in the Irish coal miner strike of the 1980s.   His dad wanted him to take boxing lessons, but young Billy accidently finds himself in ballet class, and extrodinary at it.  I really think you should go see it.

Also, thus ends my theater reviews for the season.   All the tickets have been used and thoroughly enjoyed.   Starting in the fall, I will have 21 shows to write about.   I don't even know if people read my blog, but that's the schedule.   Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment