Friday, April 27, 2012

India Garden

We had dinner tonight at India Garden.   It's one of the best Indian restaurants I've ever been to.     The restaurant has a sliding scale for adjusting the spiciness of your meal.  I usually order level 2 out of 10.  Also, India Garden entrees come with rice.   They even offered to give us more rice for no additional charge.   Another Indian place nearby charged for their rice separately.

Tonight, I had the shrimp soup, Indian bread basket, chicken saag, and kheer for dessert.  The shrimp soup had little morsels of shrimp in a thick garlic-tomato base garnished with cilantro.  The bread basket is ideal for sharing, and features 3 types of naan bread.   Chicken saag is my favorite dish at Indian restaurants.  It is a creamy spinach sauce with tender boneless chicken.  I found it to be slightly spicier tonight than usual, so I ordered kheer for dessert.

If you haven't had kheer before, I highly recommend it!   It's a creamy rice pudding.   The rice grains are tender and covered with a mixture of milk, sugar, and spices, served chilled.  The consistency I've experienced varies from thin to traditional pudding texture.  It can be garnished with almond slices or cinnamon.   When eating spicy food, creamy foods can help get rid of the burning sensation in the mouth.

I think tonight's meal will make at least 2 servings of leftovers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment