Saturday, June 16, 2012

Joe's: A Fine Deli & Restaurant

Last night we went out to Joe's Deli, which was highly recommended to me by a couple of friends.  We went of a Friday night, so the place was busy.  The wait time for us was approximately 40 minutes.  The restaurant moved into their new building just last week, and the old one will be torn down for additional parking lot space.  The restaurant also has a dedicated counter for carry out.

We decided to order two different dinner combos.   Each comes with a soup or salad, potato or rice, vegetable, and a roll and butter.   The portion sizes are generous and can easily be shared (for an additional 2 dollar fee if you eat in). Although the wait to be seated was long, once we ordered, the food felt like it just flew out of the kitchen!  The service was speedy and polite.

My husband ordered the matzo ball soup.

 I had the chicken soup.  It was very tasty.  I couldn't finish it all though.  The kitchen didn't skimp on the noodles.  The bowl was swimming with them!

The rolls were warm and firm, but on my friend's suggestion we also ordered muffins.


This one was white chocolate cinnamon my husband picked.

Mine was the butter-rum flavored one.   I think the muffins were one of the best parts of the meal.  They were nice and warm, and I could tell they came right out of the oven.  They are truly a delight and could serve to be dessert.

My husband ordered liver and onions because he never had it before.   That's rice pilaf on the left.

I ordered by fish fry with mashed potatoes and gravy.  It's worth noting that the broccoli florets on the right hand side are about the size of my fist.

Lastly, we ordered dessert to go because we were already so full from all the food!   This is their cassada cake.   We split it for breakfast this morning.  It consists of fresh cream, sliced strawberries, and custard filling.  It's sweet, but not overly sweet.

The food at Joe's Deli isn't that expensive considering the volume you receive.  With two dinners, two breakfasts, and a couple of sets of left overs, I'm going to consider this to be six meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment