Saturday, May 11, 2013

Arashi Japan

After our show today, we went out to Arashi Japan.  I was really craving a bowl of ramen.  The owners of the restaurant had a place closer to our home called Sakura, but changed locations a couple of years ago.  I don't get to go there as often as I'd like, but it's definitely one of my favorite Japanese restaurants.

We had some Alaska rolls as an appetizer.

The meal came with salad and soup.  This is the house salad.  We chose the onion soup, which was quite tasty.  I forgot to take a picture of it.

I liked my spicy shrimp ramen, but I accidentally deleted the picture.  The restaurant was nice enough to split it into two bowls for us. We even had some for leftovers.

Steve had the shrimp hibachi.  The fun part is watching them prepare it (pictured at the top of this post).  They do this cool flaming onion volcano trick.  It's all very theatrical.  It comes with vegetables and rice, and a shrimp appetizer, which just happens to be the hibachi shrimp we ordered.   In other words, this dish was finished cooking when the other people were just getting their appetizers. 

All of this food was really easy to share.  If we had wanted to, we could have added additional vegetables and rice to Steve's meal for an additional 4 dollars splitting charge.   It was a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment