Sunday, July 21, 2013

Aladdin's Eatery

After the show last night, we went with some friends to Aladdin's Eatery.  I thought this was a chain local to Cleveland, but they have branches all the way in North Caroline and Pennsylvania.  Aladdin's Eatery features Lebanese cuisine with multiple healthy, vegetarian, and vegan offerings.  Oh, and they have an extensive list of cakes, baklava, and cheesecakes available.   Pictured above is the falafel appetizer.

This was the baba appetizer.  It's basically a hummus made from eggplant.  Very good on the pita bread there.


I ordered an appetizer for my meal because it was late at night (the branch we went to closed at 11 pm) and I wasn't sure how hungry I was.   This was the Fatayer. a spinach pie with feta cheese.   I saved half of it to eat later.

I think this was the hummus chicken plate.

Steve had the spicy kafta rolled pita.  It consists of, "ground lean beef mixed with onions, parsley, herbs and spices, and then char-grilled topped with tomato, onion, Aladdin's hot sauce, and Tahini Yogurt dressing, rolled in a pita."  He also saved half for later.

Lastly, I had to get cassata cake to go.   I had it for breakfast this morning.  It was light, fluffy, and very fruity.  

I'm going to call this 6 meals between everything we ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment