Sunday, July 28, 2013

Monty Python's Spamalot

Just got back home from seeing Monty Python's Spamalot at the Beck Center.   I love this show!  I've seen Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail numerous times, and the addition of musical numbers and meta theater only makes it even better!   Well, I suppose the original movie does have meta theater and parody all throughout it as well.

I first saw this show about six years ago when the Broadway version was doing its national tour.   I bought the soundtrack.  It's very tuneful.   Seeing another production is fun.  I like comparing how different casts and crews do their scenery and acting choices.   If you love Monty Python, or just musicals in general, go see this show!  I ought to buy one of the killer rabbit plush dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment