Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Diner on Clifton

Nothing like a cold day to have a nice warm bowl of macaroni and cheese!   We went out tonight to the Diner on Clifton to have dinner with some friends.  It's a cozy place, with traditional diner furniture.  It can be a little drafty because they only have the single door.   Pictured above is the artichoke dill bake.  It has feta and cream cheeses and baked into a casserole served with crunchy pita chips.   It's nicely tart and salty.

I had the fish and chips, except I had the macaroni and cheese instead because I'm not a big fan of french fries.   I really liked the caper tartar sauce.  Yummy!

The macaroni and cheese side dish was creamy with bread crumbs on top.  I added a little bit of salt and I really enjoyed it.  I wasn't able to finish it, so I'll have it for lunch tomorrow.

Steve had the macaroni and cheese with chicken for his entree.   As you can see, it's huge!   I think between his leftovers and mine, we have about 3 servings of pasta for lunch tomorrow.  





No comments:

Post a Comment