Sunday, September 14, 2014

Forever Plaid

Just got back from seeing Forever Plaid at the Beck Center.   It was a musical revue with songs from the 40s through the 50s.   The plot: a little known singing group, the Plaids, get killed in a car accident on the way to their first gig.  Now they get to perform the show that they never had the chance to in life.

It was nice enough.  Excellent four part harmonies.   Warning!  There is audience participation!  I guess I would have felt more strongly about it if I had been able to remember the Ed Sullivan Show.  It's a tame little show that you can safely bring an older relative to see.   I'm sure if you enjoy variety shows like the Lawrence Welk Show, you will enjoy this.   It's not my type of musical, but there is a valid audience for it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment