Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Steel Magnolias

This past Saturday we went to see Cleveland Playhouse's production of Steel Magnolias.  I hadn't seen the play since it was at my high school and could only vaguely remember the plot.   I looked it up on Wikipedia during intermission to prepare myself for the ending.

This production was done in conjection with the Playhouse Square Broadway Series.   I've only seen a partnership with Playhouse Square once with another local group, the Great Lakes Theater in the Hanna.   That was well done too.

The acting is superb and I was really impressed with the hair.   There are at total of 17 wigs in the show.  More impressive, they get washed and styled on stage while the actresses are saying their lines!   I would be so nervous.  The one does an entire updo and it looks professional!

This play is running through the middle of August, so you still have time to get tickets.   Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment