Friday, January 2, 2015

Cleveland Vegan

I love going out for brunch!  Today I was running an errand and happened upon Cleveland Vegan.  As you readers know from my blog, I am not even remotely vegetarian.  However, I am highly adventurous when it comes to food and am always looking for new things to try.  The restaurant does catering and has brunch Friday through Sunday.   They take cash only.   I'm told that soon they will be expanding brunch soon and to look for changes to their menu.

I ordered the set meal.  You can choose one item from each of the three menu sections.  Pictured above is the seasonal fruit bowl.

This is the tofu scramble.  It had spinach and red peppers in it.   I've never had tofu prepared in this way before.  I'm especially fond of the crispy edges.

This is the almond banana bread with apple compote.  I wouldn't have been able to tell it was vegan if served by itself.   It was really delicious with the coconut cream on the top.  The maple syrup was extra and paired very well with it.

I had enough to take home with me for later.  Let's call this one two meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment