Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Namaste


Before we went to see Stomp, we had dinner with some friends at Namaste.  The restaurant is owned by the same wonderful people who own India Garden, but instead of the Northern Indian cuisine, the new place focuses on food from South India.  Pictured above is the Chicken Mughalai that I ordered.  It had chicken and boiled eggs in a creamy sauce.  It was spicy, but not too spicy.   It does have some pepper bits that sneak up on you.  Those really turn up the volume.

Steve had the Lamb Chettinad, which is a spicy curry prepared in the karakudi style.  He really enjoyed it, but the spice level was a bit much for me.

We also split a Rava Masala Dosa.  It was a perfectly crispy crepe with veggie filling.   Very tasty.

Gregg had the Vegetable Stew.  It was not too spicy and on the creamy side.

Dawn had the Spring Dosa, so a crepe with mixed vegetables on the inside.  This one is definitely able to be a main dish.

The portions were generous and everyone got to take home leftovers.   I just finished mine today, so I estimate that you can get about 3 meals per dish.

It was a neat experience and I wouldn't mind going again, but I must admit I am very partial to their original restaurant because I already have my defined favorite dishes there.   Still, it's a fun experience and worth the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment