Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Roxu Fusion

Hi everyone!   Steve and I just got back from dinner at Roxu Fusion.   For a while, there was a great famine of sushi in Lakewood.  Now, with this place and Voodoo Tuna, it's really convenient to get your fix.   As of this entry, Roxu has only been open for 2 weeks.   We arrived at happy hour and got seated right away.

With the happy hour prices, we decided to try a variety of things.   We ordered some maki rolls and steam buns.

Here are pictures of the menu:

We ordered the dragon roll and the salmon avocado roll.   It was pretty good.   Personally, I like my salmon not smoked, but these were tasty.  Also, the rolls are huge!   I think I would prefer 8 smaller rolls to these 6 big ones.  They're a bit big for the mouth.

These are the salmon rolls.   Lots of salmon roe too.

The dragon rolls had eel, avocado and midori sriracha sauce (midori is Japanese for green).   Nice kick to them.

This is a ginger margarita.  Steve enjoyed it.

My favorite part of the meal was the steamed buns!   They came in two pieces (perfect for sharing) with what we thought was a light salad.   Turns out the salad is a minute slaw, which was extremely tasty!   Usually, I think of slaw as being overly sour/fermented.  This was light, flavorful, and crunchy.

These are the Wagyu Strip steam buns.
The meat was tender.  Good flavor.

The Tuna bun was nicely seared and spicy.  I really enjoyed it.


However, my absolute favorite was the Pork Belly bun.  Perfectly crispy and savory.   I will definitely be ordering these again!

To end our evening, we ordered the Cheesecake Souffle.   That was really nice.  Served garnished with two Pocky sticks and glazed with a light mint and in cherry hibiscus syrup.  Really nice presentation:

The next time we visit, we're going to try chicken and waffles and some other dishes.   Worth the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment