Monday, September 21, 2015

The Spitfire Grill

Yesterday, Steve and I saw The Spitfire Grill at the Beck Center.  I didn't read anything about the show.   I didn't know what to expect at all.  It's a very touching musical.  We follow one girl, Percy, as she moves from Detroit to Gilead, Wisconsin, fresh out of a five year prison term.   Lots of things are left a mystery, which works extremely well.  

Percy ends up working at the Spitfire Grill for Hannah, who has wanted to sell the place for years.   No one is looking into buying a restaurant in such a economically depressed location, but things end up in very surprising ways.  

My favorite musical number is Out of the Fire and into the Frying Pan.   It's one small part of the large story, but I can really relate to it.   I recommend seeing this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment