Saturday, September 26, 2015

Try the World: Spain

Hello everyone!   Our latest Try the World box arrived on Thursday.   This time, the country is Spain.  We haven't gotten to open any of the products yet, but I am definitely looking forward to it.

They changed up their packaging a little.  No special fold out box this time.   Now there are packing peanuts in a regular box.   The old packaging didn't have any buffering materials.   I wonder if others had their boxes damaged in shipping, hence the change.


This box has two types of sweets in it.  Pictured below is the citrus crumble cake.

The other sweet item was the almond cookies.
I've had almond cookies in Chinese restaurants before.  Looking forward to trying this take on them.

Now this should be interesting.  It's rose jam.   Not a fruit, but a flower.   Maybe I'll make some sort of pancake to eat this with.

This cute tin contains hot paprika.  I'll have to find some good recipes to use it with.

This tomato paste should go well with toast or pasta.

Extra virgin olive oil from Spain!   I've heard that many olive oils sold in US markets aren't really olive oil.   Can't wait to see if there is a difference.

Lastly, we got a can of mussels in pickle sauce.   I'm not sure the best way to eat these, but they look intriguing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment