Sunday, April 3, 2016

Southern Cafe

Steve and I decided to get soul food at the Southern Cafe on Friday.   The restaurant is only 3 weeks old!   It's so new that they don't have a sign yet as the time of this entry.   It's on Detroit across from the Phantasy club.

Steve had chicken and waffles.   They offer your choice of type of meat and come with grits.   The waffles are red velvet.   Delicious with their maple syrup and hot sauce!

I went with the fried perch.   Entrees come with two sides.   I had the collard greens and cajun cream corn.   The fish is delicously crispy and in just the right portion.  The corn was flavorful.   I wasn't crazy about the collard greens, but I got to taste the candied yams and those were terrific!    It was Thanksgiving perfection.

We wanted to order the peach cobbler and the Louisiana style caramel cake but we couldn't eat any more!   A treat for next time.   If you live within 2 miles of the restaurant, delivery is free.   I encourage you to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment