Saturday, July 21, 2012

Homecooked Meal at Joe's with Friends

Today a friend was passing through town on the way to visit family, so we went out to Joe's for a home cooked meal.

I got the chicken noodle soup again, but I should have gotten what everyone else ordered:

This was the German dumpling soup.  It was creamy and cheesy.  

This was my cranberry-orange muffin tonight.  Again, it was warm and delicious.

For my dinner, I had the country fried chicken dinner, shown here with mashed potatoes, green beans, and garlic mayonnaise.  It said in the menu that there would be three pieces, but I actually got four!   This was the first fried chicken I've had in a long time that wasn't from a fast food chain.  It was nicely crispy, and the meat fell right from the bone.  The garlic mayonnaise was a great addition to this dish!

My husband had the baked orange roughy.  He called it tasty.

My leftovers barely fit in the box! (front container).   I'll call this a total of four meals.

But we also ordered dessert:


My dessert was called France.  It was milk chocolate layer cake with white and milk chocolate mousse layers.   Those are chocolate curls on the top.   I had to take the last bit of my cake home.

My husband got Forbidden, a dark chocolate cake made with pudding.  It was really shiny and tasted very fudgey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment