Thursday, July 5, 2012

Le Petit Triangle Cafe

We tried a new restaurant today with friends, Le Petit Triangle Cafe in Ohio City.  It's a cute little cafe specializing in French food.  The restaurant's atmosphere is modeled on Parisian cafes.

Escargot, with garlic, butter, parsley - We got to try the snails that our friends ordered.  Very tasty and tender.  They aren't something I would order on a regular basis though.

Pissaldiere, "French Pizza" with caramelized onion, olive, tomato, Parmesan   - This appetizer was also drizzled with a balsamic vinegar. 

Croque Monsieur, ham, Gruyere and bechmel sauce served warm on grilled challah,potatoes - This is technically the Croque Madame because the fried egg on top.  The cheese was nicely chewy and the bechmel sauce was mild and creamy.   I would order this again.

My husband ordered this: Cassoulet, classic casserole of slowly simmered duck, chicken sausage, white beans and vegetables, served with a side salad.  I could definitely taste tomato in this dish.

I had the Bananas Foster crepe for my dessert.  The vanilla bean ice cream was tasty, and complimented the caramel and bananas really well.

My husband had the Orange Trio Crepe, featuring orange honey, orange slices, nutter, and Grand Marnier whipped cream topping.  

 The portion sizes were just about right.   We left the restaurant full, but not painfully so.  With the leftovers, I'm going to call this one 4 meals total.   This place would be fun for just tea, coffee, and dessert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment