Saturday, December 7, 2013

Wicked

We saw Wicked this afternoon.  I can't believe it's already been on Broadway for a decade!   Steve and I saw it in San Francisco in 2003.  I think I've seen it at least twice more after that, and then today.   The show has changed quite a bit since then, but for the good.   It's an amazing show. 

Two girls meet in the land of Oz in college, with intertwining destinies.  A friendship develops and political intrigue ensues.  You already know these characters from the Wizard of Oz, and this musical really portrays them in a more sympathetic light.





I really do love this show and will probably see it again in the future.   I just couldn't get into the book version.  Probably because I saw the show first, and really wanted the book to be as uplifting as the show.
The music, sets, and costumes are amazing!  I really have nothing bad to say about Wicked.   Just go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment