Saturday, March 1, 2014

No. 1 Pho

Tonight we had dinner at No. 1 Pho.   Steve and I had been meaning to go, and Madge suggested that we meet up there.   No. 1 Pho is actually the first restaurant I've written about that doesn't have its own website.  The link above goes to a pdf of their menu on Asia Town Cleveland's website.  The menu in the restaurant has at least 2 more pages than this file.

Pictured above is my order, the stuffed crispy noodles.  It had onion, squid, shrimp, fish balls, broccoli, and I think chicken sauce.  The noodles are dry, and you basically mix everything up.   It's way too much food for one person.   I'm going to have at least 3 more servings from the leftovers I brought home.

I also had a strawberry bubble tea.

Steve had a salty lemon drink.  It's salty in a caramel or butterscotch way.   Normally, I like salty sweets, but lemon isn't exactly one of my favorites.  Steve liked it though.   It's very interesting and you should definitely try it just for the experience.


Steve had the spicy squid curry.  It wasn't as spicy as he was expecting, but he enjoyed it.  He also had leftovers, looks like about 2 to 3 servings for later.

Madge had the meat ball vermicelli, served with spicy sauce and the shrimp rolls.  The meat balls were more like wedges.   She also got to take some home for later.
The service was fast and the atmosphere was comfortable.   Next time we visit I'll actually order pho.

No comments:

Post a Comment