Thursday, October 30, 2014

Churned Ice Cream



As a treat today, we went to Churned Ice Cream.   I quickly decided on my flavors.  Steve and I both agreed on them and were able to share.

The scoop on top is Malted Cookie Dough.  The malt was nicely subtle.

The scoop on the left side is Blondie.  It reminded me of sweetened condensed milk because of the caramelized sugar.  Yummy!

The flavor on the right is Chocolate Passionfruit.  It's a rich dark chocolate and the passionfruit flavor comes out towards the end.   It reminds me of a chocolate truffle you'd get in a fancy shop.

The final flavor in the front of the picture was Apple.  It had large chunks of sweet apple.   A perfect fall flavor!

My ice cream dish was basically full of fall desserts.   I really enjoyed it.

Lastly, I had to try the weird flavor.   I tried the Horseradish Chive savory ice cream.  It had chips of beef in it!

Yes, I'm not big on beef in ice cream.  If there is going to be a meat product in desserts, I prefer bacon because it just goes better.   I couldn't resist trying something so unusual.  It was spicy and definitely fit the description of "dinner in a cup without mashed potatoes."  The flavor is apparently more popular than their roasted garlic and rosemary ice cream which I want to try.   

No comments:

Post a Comment