Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Side Quest

I'm not usually into bars, but I really am a fan of this one.   The Side Quest in Lakewood is not a sports bar.   It's a geek bar and I couldn't be happier.   They have card and board games that you can borrow, a fun selection of food, and themed activity nights. I have attended Mario Monday, free board game Tuesday, and the crafting session on Sunday (Stitch & Bitch).

Pictured above is the No. 11 slider, with fish fingers and custard.  It's got a nice crunch and the sauce is mild.

This slider is the Shark Jumper.   It's got bacon, beef, and an assortment of bacon flavored condiments.   It's tasty, but a little on the greasy side.

This one is the Hamelot.  It's got ham, cheese, apple, and spicy mustard. Definitely spicy mustard.   It made my eyes water, but I'm sort of a wimp when it comes to spicy food.

This is my favorite slider so far.  The Why Not Zoidberg is crunchy calamari with a lightly spicy sauce.  It doesn't even need the lemon wedge it comes with!

They have two dessert options.  These are Jelly Babies imported from the UK.  They're kind of like sour patch kids, minus the sour part.   The texture is a bit different from your standard gummy candy.   I like them.   They also have some fantastic hot mini donuts.

If you're in town, be sure to stop by the Side Quest.   There is always something interesting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment