Thursday, October 30, 2014

River Dog Cafe


Tonight we had dinner at the River Dog Cafe.   Neat little place.  I didn't realize that they have been open since this past April.   They specialize in fancy hot dogs and sandwiches.  It reminds me of Happy Dog, but without the bar.

I ordered the Jenny Dog.  It's a hot dog with brie, bacon, and truffle honey glaze.  It's a very tasty flavor combination.   The honey glaze is extremely sticky though.


Steve had the Chubalub.  It's a hot dog with crispy onions, scallions, macaroni and cheese, and a fried egg.   Tasty, but again messy to eat.  

We also split an order of Tot-Chos, which are tater tots with taco toppings.   Best to eat these with a fork.  

I really liked this place.  Next time I would like to try their duck breast BLT sandwich.  

No comments:

Post a Comment