Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fat Cats

 Steve and I went out and met with some friends the other night at Fat Cats in Tremont.  It's a small restaurant and the owner also owns the Lava Lounge.   Pictured above is the appetizer we ordered, warmed goat cheese.   Those crostini were nicely crispy and served in tomato jam.   It had a slight spicy kick to it.   The herbs on the cheese were very nice.

Steve had the pan roasted salmon for dinner.  Those are Ohio corn pancakes, green beans, and a jalapeno relish with it.  

I ordered the duck breast.  This was absolutely perfect!  Duck confit, cooked medium, just the right balance of tender and chewy.   The round piece in front of the kale is apple challah bread pudding and it all is sitting in a mustard shallot sauce.  I was concerned that mustard would be the main flavor, but it was nicely in the background.   The bread pudding went extremely well with the duck.

The portion sizes were just right at Fat Cats.   We didn't have to worry about leftovers.   I really enjoyed my meal and I wouldn't mind going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment